For 24 hours after a waxing treatment do not:
- Bathe – you can shower but try to do this as late as you can in the day. When showering let the water fall off the waxed area and do not wash the area.
- Sunbathe or use sunbeds.
- Apply products to the waxed area, such as deodorant, perfumed products, make up or moisturizer.
- Don’t touch the waxed area.
- Avoid tight fitting clothes (tight fitting clothing can cause friction to the waxed area. so tights, g strings and skinny jeans for example aren’t advisable.
- Do not exfoliate the area.
What to expect after a waxing treatment:
*The waxed area maybe be red – the plucked chicken effect it is known as in the Beauty world!
*Blood spots – this is usually if the hair is very strong and course so on bikini and underarm.
*The area may feel tender
Avoid ingrowing hairs by exfoliating, you can either use a loofah or a exfoliating mitt to apply shower gel or soap. You can also buy a exfoliating scrub to rub into you skin. Aim to exfoliate 2-3 times a week -do not over exfoliate as this can be damaging to the skin.