On Thursday the 14th of April 2022 I will be starting my maternity leave and Natural Beauty Thirsk will close until my return.
Sorry for any inconvenience, I would like to enjoy some time with baby Nicholson.
Happy New Year Everyone.
Normal working hours now resume after the festive period.
Please do NOT attend Natural Beauty Thirsk:
*If you have Covid 19 or any symptoms.
*If someone in your household has Covid 19 or is isolating.
*You have been told to isolate.
*You might have been in contact with someone with Covid 19.
I want to keep all my clients as safe as possible and I am classed as venerable.
Please note that Gift Voucher’s are not available. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Since re opening on the 14th of July I have been keeping record of my clients for track and trace.
We can now be doubly safe as you can scan my QR code when you arrive.
Top tip, a weekly face pack. A clay mask is my favourite as it soaks up all the oils and impurities. Remember your skin changes not only with the changes of the seasons but with hormonal and lifestyle changes.
You must drink lots of water this is the secret to great skin along with a good balanced diet with lots of fresh fruit vegetables.
About Indian Head:
The massage consists of massage to the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, face and scalp.
Indian Head originated in India over thousands of years. It’s been passed down from generation to generation. The underlying philosophy is health resuts from harmony within ones whole self. Promoting a holistic way of life with the combination of exercise, diet, meditation and massage -of course!
Some of the benefits to Indian head are:
* Helps to prevent migraines, headaches & back pain.
*Promotes hair growth
*Detoxifies the body
*Relieves symptoms of anxiety and depression
*Renews energy levels
*Improves mental concentration
*Re-juvinates the body and mind
Keep those hands and nails in good condition by keeping nails at a sensible length for your lifestyle. Moisturise and use nail oil daily.
If nails are peeling, or snapping the O.P.I Nail Envy is the product to use. You can use it as a treatment by putting the clear varnish on daily for a week or use as a base coat to your usual varnish. They do now also do the Nail Envy in pastel shades. I sell Creams, Oils and Nail Envys at Natural Beauty. X
Clients are forever asking me what O.P.I stands for.
O.P.I stands for odontorium products inc
Odontorium is a dential term as the company previously made dential equipment.
Having problems with those eye brow hairs that just dont stay where you want them too?
Well I have a solution and all you need is some hair spray and a cotton wool bud. All you do is spray a small amount of hair spray onto one of the cotton bud ends and then brush over brows to hold into place.
Exfoliating is very important to remove dead skin cells and make the skin silky smooth.
But when speaking with my clients they are either over exfoliating or not exfoliating at all.
To exfoliate correctly you can either use a exfoliating cream/gel, loofah or mitt with (you can make your own with oil and salt). Rub into the skin with light pressure you must mositurise after.
You should exfoliate two to three times a week. Do not over exfoliate the skin.
Ideally we should all be using a face pack once as week along with our daily cleansing, toning and moisturising.
This does not always happen as we all lead very hectic lives, but here are some tips on what you can use for a face mask when you do get the time!
- Egg yolk – this is good for dry skin as it is very nourishing to the skin
- Cucumber – great for any redness or blemishes, can also reduce swelling
- Oatmeal – good for removing flaky skin patches and softens the skin
- Honey- great for dry skin as it softens, hydrates and nourishes the skin
- Citric fruit- great for removing dead skin, very stimulating.
- Yogurt- tones helps removes dead skin cells while nourishing the skin
Give one a go 🙂
*Regular pedicures – depending on how built up the skin is, but i would recommend a pedicure every month or every six weeks
* Use a foot rasp after bathing or showering 2-3 times a week.
*Moisturise daily with foot cream (doesn’t need to be pricey one as long as your doing this along with using you foot rasp you will see results).
What causes hard skin? Well mainly what you do, if you walk a lot or run, dance use the gym these are all factors. So make sure you are not wearing ill fitting shoes.
You need to give these tips time to work and be sticking to them but you should see results in about 3 months.
Nails are influenced by diet,lifestyle and medication. But following these tips will help you to increase there appearance.
- Use gloves for washing up, cleaning, for gardening and in the cold.
- Have a healthy balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and drink lots of water.
- Use cuticle oil daily, this is applied by dropping the oil onto the cuticle its self and rubbing in with your finger tip.
- Use hand cream daily – you also may find that in winter you may need to apply it more.
Top tip :
Keep your hand and cuticle cream/oil somewhere where you already have a routine so are less likely to forget such as:
- On your desk
- By the sink or wash basin
- By your tooth brush
- By your bed
- By your make up
- By your tablets
Give these tips at least three months and you should see a difference. Good luck!
For 24 hours after a waxing treatment do not:
- Bathe – you can shower but try to do this as late as you can in the day. When showering let the water fall off the waxed area and do not wash the area.
- Sunbathe or use sunbeds.
- Apply products to the waxed area, such as deodorant, perfumed products, make up or moisturizer.
- Don’t touch the waxed area.
- Avoid tight fitting clothes (tight fitting clothing can cause friction to the waxed area. so tights, g strings and skinny jeans for example aren’t advisable.
- Do not exfoliate the area.
To soothe the skin you can use calamine lotion or aloe vera gel to the waxed area -even before 24 hours.
What to expect after a waxing treatment:
*The waxed area maybe be red – the plucked chicken effect it is known as in the Beauty world!
*Blood spots – this is usually if the hair is very strong and course so on bikini and underarm.
*The area may feel tender
Avoid ingrowing hairs by exfoliating, you can either use a loofah or a exfoliating mitt to apply shower gel or soap. You can also buy a exfoliating scrub to rub into you skin. Aim to exfoliate 2-3 times a week -do not over exfoliate as this can be damaging to the skin.